Do you know what some of your rights are as a client? Florida provides by custom or law, in addition to
other rights, 10 Basic Rights that belong to the Client.
WHEN I RETAIN A LAWYER, I AM ENTITLED TO ONE WHO:
1. WILL be capable of handling my case.
2. WILL represent me zealously and seek any lawful means to present or defend my case.
3. WILL preserve my confidences, secrets or statements which I reveal in the course of our relationship.
4. WILL give me the right to make the ultimate decision on the objectives to be pursued in my case.
5. WILL charge me a reasonable fee and tell me, in advance of being hired and upon my request, the
basis of that fee.
6. WILL show me courtesy and consideration at all times.
7. WILL exercise independent professional judgment in my behalf, free from compromising influences.
8. WILL inform me periodically about the status of my case and provide me copies of documents prepared
in the representation of my case.
9. WILL exhibit the highest degree of ethical conduct.
10. WILL refer me to other legal counsel, if he or she cannot properly represent me.
Copyright JudyGormanLaw. All rights reserved.